Tips & Advicebelow are tips and advice based on questions asked by customers
- check the wheel is fully mounted - listen for the 'click'
- check tyre side - lift wheel from ground and spin, view from the side. If rotating unevenly then deflate and reposition wheel rim central to the tyre
- check tyre front - lift wheel from ground and spin, view from the front. If 'lumpy' then deflate and remount tyre around inner tube (might also be over inflation, max 20psi)
- check suspension - lift wheel from ground flex suspension, is it smooth and responsive? Clean off any grime
- check front wheel mounting pin - it is rock solid in the plastic front fork, should not be able to move or rotate.
- check front wheel mounting pin - clean to remove dirt & grime
- check frame location (where the front wheel mounts into) - insert little finger to feel mounting bearing check for excessive grease (could be failed bearing). Rotate bearing should be smooth any 'graunching' could be failed bearing)
- check frame location (where the front wheel mounts into) - clean thorougly with warm soapy water to remove built up dirt and grime (increases friction so wheel can under/oversteer causing oscillation)
- check rear wheels - evenly inflated and when spun are both centred and non lumpy
- DO NOT - apply WD40 or other de-greasant as can destroy grease in bearing
Won't Lock under pushchair !
- check operating lever side handlebar - verify tension when operated (cable attached)
- check locking rod - remove front wheel, invert pushchair apply locking lever and pour hot water over and into locking rod hole (may dissolve any congealed grit/sand blocking operation) if this fails try WD40
Rear Drum Brake
Brakes Always On
- check cable location at operating lever - cable sleeve must be INSIDE knurled nut by handle if pulled out of nut and resting on the edge the brake will be applied
Uneven Braking Left & Right
- check cable location at wheel - cable sleeve must be INSIDE knurled nut by wheel if pulled out of nut and resting on the edge this side will brake harder
- check adjustment at wheel - cable enters brake by a knurled nut by the wheel undo the nut to increase the braking on that wheel
Inadequate Braking Both Sides
- check adjustment at operating lever - cable enters brake by a knurled nut by the operating lever undo the nut to increase the braking on both wheels
Brake Not working
check brake rods - remove wheels and apply brake lever if a brake rod does not move out it is likely there is dirt/grit/grime inside the mechanism.
- A - Turn pushchair on it's side and pour hot water slowly over brake rod hole (congealed particles should dissolve and rod be released).
- B - If this does not work try WD40.
- C - If this does not work is there enough of the brake rod showing to grip it with pliers ? if so then grip and rotate (do not pull) to grind the particles free.
Note once released try to flush through with water to remove particles.
Not Long Enough
- check height position on seat back- if too low the harness length will be consumed going up and over the shoulder.
- check seated posture - if child is slouching then the crotch strap will be shortened.
- check length adjustment of straps - start with crotch strap, then waist straps, the shoulder straps.
- check shoulder straps - remove strap covers to reveal full potential length of strap.
Too Low for an older child
- remove seat support board - the seat base contains a support board to improve posture for a new born, remove this board to allow seat fabric to deflect down under an older child's weight thereby increasing headroom
Bouncy ride on rough ground
- remove seat support board - the seat base contains a support board to improve posture for a new born, remove this board to allow seat fabric to cradle the child in a hammock absorbing shocks and jolts
I have the previous Black & Grey model, how does it fold? - Baby Jogger Summit Folding System
Folding a Baby Jogger Summit is eas, inside the seat is a strap handle which operates the folding system.
For extra security when the pushchair is in use, the folding strap handle is disabled by safety straps.
To fold your Baby Jogger Summit, first undo the Safety Straps on each side.