The Midnight Black Summit X3 is the latest incarnation of the Summit 'go anywhere' pushchair from Baby Jogger.
There are some changes from the previous Black & Grey version, the biggest changes are the focus on its suitability for active outdoor and sporting use, at the cost of losing it's general use from birth.
Approved to latest EN1888-2 regs for Jogging from 9 months
or Walking from 6 months previous legislation did not cover jogging
Upgraded capacity, now maximum weight 22kg
Slicker one hand folding system
Smart new fabrics
Cannot be used from birth, earliest recommended use 6 months. Seat recline angle limited, no car seat or carrycot option
If straying onto the green stuff at the park is what you mean by 'all terrain' then almost any three wheeled pushchair will probably do it for you, and in recent years we have seen most manufacturers and retailers call their products 'all terrain' to the point where the term can now seem almost meaningless!
By 'all terrain' we mean a pushchair which will take you off road - across farmland, through woodlands, traverse moors, navigate streams, conquer sand dunes - as well as the handle the bustle of the city.
- do it with ease, in comfort for the occupant, and with style
- where the primary limitation on where you can go is your ability to get a secure foothold
- for the pushchair to do that without excessive wear and tear to the product, i.e. it will last and you will want to keep using it...rather than dreading it!
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 can go almost anywhere:
- reverse locked front wheel - it locks protruding forwards, on rough ground the longer wheel base takes obstacles in it's stride where the 'snub nosed' swivel wheel pushchair would dig in
- large quick release wheels offer a shallow angle of attack against a hollow or bump , free rolling means less effort to operate but also easy to remove for compact transportation
- adjustable seat and headroom - more supportive seat base (e.g. for the younger baby on smoother surfaces) has removable support board for softer off road ride and higher headroom for the taller child
- fixed handlebar - positive action, push down on the handle and the pushchair moves as you direct none of the flex/lag of an adjustable handle (which can have a tendency to get 'sloppy' if used consistently on rough ground)
- remote operated front wheel stabiliser - lock the front wheel tucked under the seat, used together with the rear brakes reduces movement of the pushchair when a child is getting in or out. It is activated by a lever conveniently located on the side of the seat frame. (you can also walk or run with the front wheel in this position but it won't operate as well as when locked forward).
The original Baby Jogger concept for the Summit was for a hybrid urban/jogging pushchair, a more all round user friendly but less ernestly professional running machine than the Baby Jogger Performance.
This latest Summit model has an upgraded front wheel with a Tracking Adjustment
so that you can 'out tune' your running style.
Then when you start to play with it you will appreciate how well the features they have built in can benefit you.Versatile
- from 6 months to 22kg (e.g. four years)
- ruggedly built and seriously capable off road in countryside with all wheel suspension for a smoother ride
- highly manoeuvrable around town
- High Quality Materials & Tough Construction
The range of quality Baby Jogger accessories to customise your Baby Jogger Summit X3 is somewhat limited:
- Bellybar - neat quick release adjustable bar to secure toys etc. to
- Child Tray - quick release/fold aside tray easy to keep clean surface with cup holder
- Travel Bag - protects your Baby Jogger Summit X3 from bumps and scratches (not crushing)
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 is not naturally supplied with any accessories but we always supply a Dual Action Mini Pump
to help ensure your pushchair is ready to go when you are. And if you buy a Rain Cover then it will come with a durable pouch to keep it in good condition.